Avintia confirms Aoyama for MotoGP 2013

Wednesday, November 07, 2012
The Avintia Blusens team has confirmed that Hiroshi Aoyama will not only ride in place of the injured Yonny Hernandez at this weekend's Valencia season finale, but return as a full-time MotoGP rider with the team in 2013.

Aoyama won the final 250cc grand prix title in 2009, then moved to the MotoGP class with Interwetten Honda.

After a injury-interrupted debut season in the premier-class, the Japanese switched to Gresini Honda for 2011, where he scored a MotoGP best of fourth at the damp Jerez race.

Aoyama then made an unsuccessful move to World Superbikes for 2012, where he managed just 18th in the standings with Ten Kate Honda.

"First I want to say thank you to the Avintia Blusens team because they have given me the opportunity to come back to the MotoGP Championship, the series were I got my best results as a racer," said Aoyama.

"Avintia Blusens worked hard this year to develop a new bike and they did a good job. I hope I can help them to continue the development of the bike and team and that we can do good things together.

"I am excited to go back to action in this class and to try their CRT machine.

"Also I want to thank the Honda World Superbike Team for accepting my comeback in Valencia, even though I still have contract with them 'till end of season.

"I will try my best next year because the past years were not so good for me and I am really looking forward to getting back to my best potential."

Hector Barbera is tipped to ride the other Avintia FTR-Kawasaki next season, meaning both Hernandez and Ivan Silva are in search of new rides.

Avintia's best result this year is a ninth place at Indianapolis, by Hernandez.

Powered by Blogger.