Pedrosa: I want to make this weekend special

Wednesday, November 07, 2012
Dani Pedrosa may have lost out on the 2012 MotoGP title, but victory in this weekend's Valencia finale would at least allow the honour of most season wins.

Both Pedrosa and newly crowned double champion Jorge Lorenzo have taken six victories so far this year, with Pedrosa's retiring Repsol Honda team-mate Casey Stoner next best with five.

“I'm very excited to get to Valencia and race again in front of the Spanish crowd,” said Pedrosa, also MotoGP title runner-up in 2007 and 2010.

“It's been a long time away and I really look forward to enjoy the atmosphere there; it's always a special race because it's the last one of the season and I have a lot of people there supporting me together with my family and friends.

“I enjoy riding this track and we've had good results there in the past. So, I want to make this weekend special and fight for the win and finish the season on a high.”

Pedrosa, whose title hopes ended when he fell while leading on lap two in Australia, had never won more than four races in a year prior to this season.

Powered by Blogger.