Moto3: Vinales deal includes Moto2 switch

Thursday, October 04, 2012
Spanish prospect Maverick Vinales has signed a two-year deal with the Blusens Avintia team that includes a switch to Moto2 in 2014.

Vinales' hopes of securing the Moto3 crown this season suffered a heavy setback at Aragon when an ECU issue on his FTR Honda on the warm-up lap forced him out of the race.

The 17-year-old has now slipped to third place in the title reckoning, 66 points behind Sandro Cortese with four rounds remaining.

However, his disappointment was tempered somewhat by the completion of a new two-year deal with the team at the weekend to remain in Moto3 next season before making the step to Moto2.

“I am very happy with the decision. I understand that it is not easy and that there is always the appeal of changing category,” said Vinales.

“But I think we made the right decision. I'm too young, I have a good chance of achieving the goals set for Moto3 and I think I have plenty of time to go to Moto2.

“To continue with the team and the people who saw me grow, with whom I feel comfortable - I honestly think that's a luxury.”

Powered by Blogger.