Abraham: I'm upset I couldn't match Rossi

Thursday, October 04, 2012
Czech rider Karel Abraham says he was “upset” after failing to match factory Ducati star Valentino Rossi's race pace at Aragon.

Abraham finished the MotoGP race at the Spanish circuit as the leading satellite Ducati rider in ninth position after starting from 14th on the grid.

The Cardion AB Racing rider finished ahead of Hector Barbera on the Pramac Racing Ducati but had ambitions of challenging Rossi, who powered through the field after running off the track following a tangle with Jonathan Rea on the opening lap.

Abraham said: “I'm happy with how the race went: I quite enjoyed the race itself and ended up with a good result.

“I'm a bit upset I couldn't keep up with Valentino Rossi, who caught us up after a mistake at the start of the race.

“He was simply going quicker, and to try and keep up with him would have been too dangerous,” he added.

“I gave it a try at first, but I braked too late on one bend was forced to run off; fortunately I stayed on the tarmac, so I returned behind [Randy] de Puniet and [Aleix] Espargaro, and then overtook them once again.”

Rossi eventually finished in eighth place after dropping to dead last on the opening lap.

Powered by Blogger.