Moto2: Espargaro promises battle to the end

Thursday, October 04, 2012
Pol Espargaro won't go down without a fight as he continues to keep the pressure on Marc Marquez in the race for the Moto2 title.

Espargaro kept his chances alive with a superb victory at Aragon, moving to the front to assume the lead in the closing stages before edging away to wrap up an emphatic success in front of his home fans.

The Pons rider's third victory of the season and ninth podium finish this year puts him 48 points behind Marquez with four races remaining.

Espargaro, who is now 38 points in front of Andrea Iannone in third, has promised never to give up while he has a “one per cent chance” of becoming champion.

“It was a tough race but fun; and I went well on the attack with three laps to go,” he said.

“At first I struggled a bit and the goal was not to loose touch with the front. Little by little I was pushing and finally I was able to get a win that I owed to all the sponsors and myself.

“They were sad at the Circuit de Catalunya, but this time I was able to give them great joy. On the last lap I saw that had a bit of an edge and I gave it my all, because under no circumstances did I want the same thing to happen to me again like it did two weeks ago in Misano,” added Espargaro.

“The arrival of Tuenti Mobile as sponsor gave me luck and I want to continue like this until the end of the season.

“I will always give my absolute maximum whilst there is still a one per cent chance of being champion.”

Powered by Blogger.