Lorenzo: I was thinking of the championship

Wednesday, October 03, 2012
Jorge Lorenzo was “thinking of the championship” as he settled for a comfortable runner-up finish at Aragon behind his main title rival, Dani Pedrosa, at the Spanish circuit.

The Factory Yamaha rider attempted to make a break at the beginning of the race, but opted to bring his YZR-M1 home for a safe second after Pedrosa hit the front on lap seven.

Lorenzo, who holds a healthy 33 points advantage at the top of the championship standings with four rounds remaining, was almost thrown off his Yamaha at Turn One as he tried to match Pedrosa's pace, before deciding to play it safe.

“I was thinking to try for the win at the beginning of the race and if that was not possible then second place was the best possible result for the championship,” said Lorenzo.

“Dani had a better pace in the end. I was stronger at the start then little by little I was a bit slower, the tyres were slipping a lot and I couldn't follow him.

“I nearly crashed in one corner and decided then to stay in second place and wait for the end of the race.”

Powered by Blogger.