Re-signed Rea heads for Aragon

Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Having re-signed for the Honda World Superbike team, this weekend's Aragon round could mark Jonathan Rea's last MotoGP race appearance until at least 2014.

The Ulsterman has been called up to replace injured world champion Casey Stoner for the Misano and Aragon events.

Stoner's return date is yet to be announced, but the Australian is hoping to be fit for the following Japanese Grand Prix on October 14.

This weekend will see Rea aiming to better an eighth place on his MotoGP debut at Misano, as he seeks to exploit two-days of testing at Aragon.

"I am now in week four of my five back-to-back races including both SBK and MotoGP but I am still really excited about this coming race,” said Rea, who took 6-2 race finishes in last Sunday's Portimao WSBK round.

“Having tested in Aragon on the RC213V a couple of weeks ago I am feeling more confident coming to this race than I was in Misano. Hopefully I will be able to pick up where I left off after the test as I was really starting to bond with the bike.

“Aragon has a really long straight which suits the power of the Honda and I am really looking forward to working with the Repsol Honda guys again and building on the experience I have gained to date."

Rea's new WSBK deal means Alvaro Bautista is looking ever safer at Gresini Honda.

Powered by Blogger.