Dovizioso 'able to push hard' despite Aragon rain

Friday, September 28, 2012
Andrea Dovizioso ended day one at Aragon in buoyant mood after taking fifth in the wet afternoon session on his YZR-M1.

The Italian star, currently fourth in the MotoGP World Championship and one place ahead of his Tech 3 Yamaha team-mate, Cal Crutchlow, is content with his early progress.

Dovi, who completed 17 laps in the afternoon after sitting out FP1 in the morning – which was delayed by an oil spillage as a result of an incident in the earlier Moto3 FP1 session – ended the day 1.160s behind Ben Spies.

“I am happy with the set-up of the bike because there are no obvious problems to fix, although I'd like to improve the rear traction,” he said.

“I felt good when I tried to take some risks and push at the end of the session.

“The bike reacted how I wanted, so I am confident I have some margin to improve.

“I am close to the top and it is a good start to the weekend, even if we did lose another session this morning,” added Dovizioso.

“The only thing I hope for the rest of the weekend is some dry track time before the race.

“I don't want to arrive in the race with no dry time to work on the set-up because then you are not fully prepared, so I hope whatever the conditions are tomorrow will be the same on Sunday.”

Powered by Blogger.