Crutchlow satisfied with wet pace potential

Friday, September 28, 2012
Cal Crutchlow will be unperturbed if Friday's wet weather continues at Aragon for tomorrow's qualifying.

The British star ended this afternoon's wet session seventh fastest overall on his Tech 3 Yamaha, but Crutchlow feels an issue with the steering damper on his YZR-M1 prevented him from finishing higher up the order.

And the 26-year-old is confident a front row start is within his reach tomorrow, regardless of the conditions at the Spanish circuit.

Crutchlow, whose best lap of 2m 01.665s was 1.446s behind Ben Spies on the factory Yamaha, said: “I am pleased with my pace in the full wet conditions as I was right near the top and confident I could have finished inside the top three.

“I had a small problem with the steering damper right at the end and without that I am sure I would have been much higher than seventh.

“We have to take another step tomorrow if the conditions are the same but I am confident I can be very competitive in the wet,” added the 26-year-old, who completed 15 laps in FP2 after skipping the morning session, which was blighted by mixed conditions.

“The set-up of the bike is good and with some improvements if we have more rain tomorrow, I'll be looking to be back on the front row again,” he added.

“I hope the rest of the weekend though is dry and the fans can see a good race.”

Powered by Blogger.