Pedrosa: Not my day

Monday, May 21, 2012
Dani Pedrosa 'immediately' realized that Sunday's wet Le Mans MotoGP race wouldn't go his way and settled into a salvage operation to score as many points as possible.

The Repsol Honda star dropped quickly back to sixth, but was promoted two places when Monster Yamaha Tech 3 riders Cal Crutchlow and then Andrea Dovizioso fell.

"I had no traction out of the corners, especially in first and second gear, and I wasn't able to advance,” said Pedrosa after the race. “We made a few changes to the configuration of the bike after warm-up hoping to improve it a bit, in the end it was other way around, but these things can happen.

“In the race I immediately realised it was not my day, not a day to take any risk and it was important to simply reach the best position. I was lucky, after the crashes of both Tech 3 Yamaha's I finished fourth.

“Wet races can be like this and today was just not our day. We lost many points to Lorenzo but the Championship is very long and we will have our time.”

Pedrosa remains third in the standings, but has slipped 25 points - one race win - from Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha), with team-mate Casey Stoner 17 points ahead.

Pedrosa is now turning his focus to a home victory in Catalunya.

“This race is over and we must now think towards Catalunya. I'm really looking forward to going there, it's a circuit that motivates me a lot and I have all my family and friends with me,” he said.

“The team is working very well, we have a good bike and we've been fast in every race, but we need to be determined. Let's see if we can speed up a little and take our first win of the season in Catalunya".

Powered by Blogger.