Lorenzo: I’m not happy

Sunday, May 20, 2012
MotoGP title contender Jorge Lorenzo will start Sunday's French Grand Prix at Le Mans from the second row after failing to put a perfect lap together in the tricky drying qualifying conditions. The Factory Yamaha star, who starts round four just a single point behind Casey Stoner, was left fourth place on the grid, 0.466s from countryman and pole sitter Dani Pedrosa (Honda). “I'm not happy, I wanted to be at least on the front row but it was not possible, Andrea was very fast today,” said Lorenzo, referring to the third place by Tech 3's Andrea Dovizioso. “I didn't make one perfect lap, maybe three or four tenths could be improved with a perfect lap but the track conditions were very difficult today and it was very easy to crash and get injured. “We are in fourth position and tomorrow I think we can fight for the podium and the victory. I will try to make a very good start.” Team-mate Ben Spies also qualified on the second row, in sixth. Tech 3's Cal Crutchlow will start between the Factory M1 riders.
Powered by Blogger.