'Tired' Bradl satisfied with Sepang pace

Friday, March 02, 2012

LCR Honda's Stefan Bradl feels he has established a solid foundation on which he can build upon at the final MotoGP test in Spain later this month.

Bradl was back on track on the final day of the second Sepang MotoGP test in Malaysia and despite feeling drained by the high temperature, the young German posted the ninth quickest lap in 2m 01.492s compared to Repsol Honda star Casey Stoner's top time of 2m 0.473s.

“Yesterday we sat out the second day of testing so today was a tough day for me and the guys. After 54 laps I feel a bit tired as the temperature was very high today but I am leaving Malaysia with a good feeling and a good base set-up for the future,” said Bradl.

“Together with HRC engineers' support we have tested some engine mapping to improve my riding style and the power delivery. I am pretty satisfied about my lap time and the gap to the front is acceptable; if we continue with this progress I am sure that positive results will arrive soon.”

Bradl, the current Moto2 world champion, is now looking ahead to the final test at Jerez later this month.

Conditions at Sepang remained dry for the third and final day of the test in contrast to the heavy rain that interrupted the previous two days of the shakedown.
Powered by Blogger.