Moto3: Webb Satisfied With Mahindra Progress

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Danny Webb rode Mahindra's new Moto3 machine to 15th place on the unofficial Moto3 timesheets during the second test of the year, which concluded at Jerez on Saturday.

The Englishman, who handed the Indian brand a shock first grand prix pole in the final 125cc qualifying session at Valencia, was reported to be 2.8sec behind the best lap time of countryman Danny Kent (Red Bull KTM).

Webb explained that engine performance is currently the MGP30's weak point, but is pleased with the progress made and already likes the handling.

“We've made some good improvements from the last test just a week ago. The mid range has improved a lot as well as the top end,” he said. “We've still got work to do to improve acceleration and work on the engine braking, but this was only our second proper test with this bike and I think it is another good job.

“Same as last week in Valencia, the handling felt good around Jerez, although the track conditions were a bit slippery. I had a small problem and so was in the garage for a while, otherwise I think I could have been even faster.”

Team-mate Marcel Schrotter was one-second slower than Webb on the team supplied timesheets, as he made up for lost time.

“This test was very important for me as I only had one day at the Valencia test so I was a little behind Danny and the other riders,” he said. “It was good to do a lot of laps on the new bike. I like the chassis of the Mahindra. I need to get more time on the bike to improve the feeling, but I am confident that we have good potential.”
Powered by Blogger.