Moto2: Spanish Ace Marquez Out of Jerez Test

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Repsol Moto2 star Marc Marquez is back on two wheels after recovering from eye surgery, but will miss this week's test at Jerez it's been confirmed.

The 18-year-old, who was suffering from vision problems following a crash at Sepang that ended his season last year, says his sight is improving each week following the operation on his right eye last month.

“I am happy, because I am feeling a lot better after the operation. I can train motocross now, which is a good sign,” said Marquez.

“I feel safer and now my vision is almost back to 100% — I can see better every week, which is important. I feel comfortable enough to get back on track and I am really itching to ride again.

“We have to take things calmly, but in the meantime I am preparing myself in the gym and on the cycle in order to start my pre-season off well”.

Marquez has been concentrating on building up his fitness levels through motocross, mountain biking and intense gym work under the guidance of his expert physio and personal trainer as his recovery runs according to schedule.

The Spanish prospect was hugely impressive in his maiden season in Moto2, securing the runner-up spot despite his season-ending spill at Sepang.
Powered by Blogger.