Moto2: Cardus Ready To Grasp Chance

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Former 250cc world championship runner-up Carlos Cardus' nephew Ricky Cardus has hailed the opportunity to compete in the Moto2 series in 2012 for the Arguinano Racing Team as “the most exciting one of my career”.

The outfit returns to the world championship after a season in the Spanish Moto2 class.

And 23-year-old Cardus is the sole rider in the team, which is headed by Basque chef and restaurateur Karlos Arguinano and technician Gines Guirado, who were shareholders of the official Derbi 125cc team of Pol Espargaro, Efren Vazquez and Joan Olive in 2009 before taking a year out in 2010.

Looking ahead to this season, Cardus – who finished 31st overall in Moto2 last year with the Qatari QMMF team – said: “Now I am on Karlos Arguinano's team and I am more than happy.

“I've been working hard all winter without a clear destination and I've gone from having nothing to having a very exciting proposal, the most exciting one in my career.

“The first step is the test this next week in Jerez. I have two options for which bike to use and won't rule out either, I have to try everything first and then draw conclusions. So, thank-you to Karlos and Gines for their confidence - I won't disappoint them.”

Arguinano added: “We'll travel to the Jerez test this week with a definitive plan, bringing two bikes with us, the Suter and the AJR, so that Ricky can test the equipment thoroughly and then decide on which bike he wants to compete this year.”

Kenny Noyes was originally selected to ride for ART this season and Arguinano said: “We had an earlier contract with Kenny Noyes, which was never finalised because his needs didn't coincide with ours in the end. We wish him well.”
Powered by Blogger.