Pramac Confirm Barberá Signing For 2012

Monday, November 07, 2011

The Spanish rider has put pen to paper on a contract with the MotoGP team for the forthcoming season.

Héctor Barberá is the new Pramac Racing rider for the 2012 MotoGP season. The Spaniard, after two MotoGP seasons in the premier class on a Ducati, will continue to ride the Desmosedici with the Pramac Racing team.

Paolo Campinoti, Pramac Racing Team Principal:
“We are happy to announce that Héctor Barberá will be with us for the 2012 MotoGP season. We are confident that his experience riding a Ducati in the last two years may take him on to achieve an even better season with us. This season, despite a bad injury, he finished as the third best Ducati rider and this bodes well. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank our 2011 riders, Randy de Puniet and Loris Capirossi, for the season they have just completed with us. We wish them a future full of happiness on and off the track.”

Héctor Barberá:
“This will be my third year riding a Ducati and I want to thank the Pramac Racing Team and Paolo Campinoti who have given me this opportunity. In the last two seasons I have not achieved the results I wanted and I hope that now, after the experience I have gained, I can get better results. Both I and Pramac Racing have high aims. I am coming from one of the hardest moments of my career and I want a change. Ducati is working hard, this was a difficult year but I am sure that with the Test on Tuesday and Wednesday and especially with the winter break, where they will have time to work, they will be able to give us a very competitive bike at the beginning of next season.”
Powered by Blogger.