World Superbikes : Rossi revs up through Paris streets

Thursday, May 14, 2009
World Champion Valentino Rossi roared into Paris and visited the Eiffel Tower on Thursday, ahead of the Grand Prix de France.

Italian MotoGP superstar Valentino Rossi enjoyed a brief visit to Paris on Thursday afternoon, stopping off in the French capital en route to Le Mans to meet fans and attend a press briefing.


Fresh from a scintillating battle at Jerez de la Frontera, where the eight-time World Champion celebrated his first victory of the 2009 campaign, Rossi arrived for his media appointment on board his special-edition Monster Energy Yamaha R1.

True to his cheeky form, and despite the rain coming down, the fun-loving Italian made the most of his incognito ride through the city streets. After holding up the morning traffic at the Arc de Triomphe under the watchful eye of the French Gendarmerie.

Rossi steamed his way down the Champs-Élysées before revving his bike to the max and performing a mean burn-out underneath the Eiffel Tower, scorching his permanent mark into the Paris road surface.

“It was quite dangerous and slippery out there with the rain, but I managed to do a little burn-out by the Eiffel Tower. I did try a little wheelie too, but I was out on the roads with the police so I couldn’t be too naughty!” smirked the champ after his rebel-run. “It’s my first time to the Eiffel Tower so I was pleased to do that, we all had some fun out there. I’m looking forward to this weekend at Le Mans now, and hope I can be celebrating my 99th Grand Prix victory there.”

Rossi currently leads the MotoGP World Championship by eleven points after three rounds of the series, with the Grand Prix de France taking place at the famous Le Mans circuit this Sunday.

Powered by Blogger.