Wilairot recovering well from ‘Rossi-style’ domestic accident

Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Thai 250cc rider Ratthapark Wilairot is recovering well from a left foot injury and a cut on his right hand which he sustained in an accident at his home.

Thai Honda PTT-SAG competitor Ratthapark Wilairot appears to be out of luck at the moment having crashed out in Japan, having suffered a left foot injury in a Jerez qualifying crash and now having sustained a severed right hand in a domestic accident.

The 21 year-old rider had 12 stitches as a result of the accident, which involved a glass table – as did the mishap that MotoGP World Champion Valentino Rossi had earlier this year.

However, like Rossi, Wilairot is aiming to make a quick recovery and he wants to put his recent on-track problems behind him with a good result this weekend at the Grand Prix de France, where he finished 15th last year and 11th in 2007.

“This week I have been having daily rehabilitation on my left foot which I injured at Jerez,” explained Wilairot. “The pain is decreasing and the injury has been improving steadily. For Le Mans my leg will be fine, but this week I had an accident with my glass table in my home and got a deep cut requiring 12 stitches.”

He added ambitiously, “I won’t let this injury distract me and in France I hope to fight for my first podium.”

Powered by Blogger.